Monday 2 January 2012

A New Year

I so totally failed at keeping my advent blog.  I am saddened, because I wonder if it reflects the importance I put on communing with God.  I am so bad at keeping in touch with people, calling friends, family, reading and answering my e-mails.  But I would have hoped to dedicate time to God, especially around the Christmas Season.
I have an app on my phone which gives me a reading every day and I do try to do that in the vague hope it will nourish me spiritually.  Oh silly me.  It is like me waving at my husband in the morning and never talking to him.  No way to run a relationship. 
Our church is doing the Bible in a Year this year and I am planning to keep up with it - not planning on blogging it though!  Hopefully it won't go the way of all my resolutions. If you want to follow the readings - this is it
Watch this space - hopefully I won't be reporting yet another fail!

1 comment:

  1. Debbie I'm using the Bible in a Year this year too. I'm already behind but I figure I'll just keep going and even if it takes me a bit more than a year that's ok. I'm really enjoying reading Genesis and "heart" learning some cool things. I read the other day about where Hagar met with the angel of God at Beer Lahoi Roi which means "You Are the God who sees Me". I love that. And then she says, "I have now seen the One who Sees Me." I think that describes so well what I've been experiencing lately with the Lord. I love that when I spend time with Him I actually get to see the One who has always seen me. He never fails to amaze me how He always shows up and loves on me.

    ReplyDelete