Monday 11 April 2011

Day 34: Watch yourself

Quote - ? Frank Outlaw
Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions. Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits they become character; Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
Thought 
This quote has popped up in my life in several places over the last few weeks. On facebook, e-mails and a card someone sent me. While it is not biblical, it is still a good quote and it makes you stop and think about what forms our character. Our thoughts, words and actions are mirrors of who we are, and they can help form our destiny. There is a lot of Christian wisdom to be gained from following the advice given.  By watching what we think, carefully choosing the words we speak and ensuring that our actions are fair and right with God, we can behave as He would want us to.  The devil can so easily slip into our thoughts and lead us to say or do things we wouldn't usually do.  Another way of being watchful is by praying and keeping our hearts still to observe the words of God.

Prayer
Lord help me recognise that  I must guard my thoughts and not give in to the temptations before me.  But at the same time recognise that my thoughts and actions get me into whatever situation I am in.  If I trust You, God, I can know I will be where You want me to be.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment